Do I Need to Make an FDA Nutrition Label for my New Food or Drink?
- You’re a retailer (that is, you sell your product directly from yourself to consumers), and you qualify as a “small business” as defined in the FDA nutrition facts labeling regulations
- Your product will be sold in a setting where it’s expected to be eaten immediately, other than a restaurant (e.g., in a cafeteria, on an airplane, in a small shop or deli where you’re expected to eat the product soon after buying it, etc.)
- Your food or beverage doesn’t provide any significant nutrition when eaten (e.g., spices, plain coffee beans, some flavor extracts, etc.)
- Your product is a bulk food that you sell to a different company, rather than selling directly to consumers
- Your product is fresh, unprocessed produce or fish.
How to Get Your FDA Compliant Labels Done
We partner with RL Food Testing Laboratory, Inc to produce FDA compliant nutrition labels. By answering a few simple questions about your products, they can turnaround a Nutrition Label within a few days once they have all of the information needed. Call us to get more details on how to get started.